Kings & Queens, Princes & Princesses
All entries must be received by May 15, 2019
The Coal Festival Committee has established the Blossburg State Coal Festival Scholarship for junior and seniors in Southern Tioga School District, New Covenant Academy and home schooled students residing within the Southern Tioga School District boundary that are either already accepted to or will be accepted to or have plans to pursue a post-secondary education.
Applicants are asked to write an essay on what the coal industry has done for this region. Essays will then be reviewed by a selection committee made up of Coal Festival committee members and select individuals from the local community. The scholarship will be awarded during the Royalty Pageant on Friday, May 25, 2018.
Those wishing to apply for this scholarship should return their essay and the 2019 CF Scholarship Application. Essays must be received no later than Wednesday, May 15, 2019. The scholarship recipient must be available to participate in the Coal Festival parade on Saturday, May 26, 2018.
Your little one could be the Coal Festival’s next Prince or Princess.
The contest is open to children ages 4 to 8 living in the Arnot, Covington, Morris Run and Blossburg. The Prince and Princess are chosen by random drawing and must be available to ride the royalty float on Saturday, May 26, 2018. (All contestants are invited to ride on the float)
Previous Kings and Queens
- 2017 (25th) – David and Annette Thompson
- 2016 (24th) – Larue and Annette Kreger
- 2015 (23rd) – Keith Lindie and Harriet Holleman
- 2014 (22nd) – Chester and Gladys Mahosky
- 2013 (21st) – Tom and Wanda Bogaczyk
- 2012 (20th) – John and Linda Roupp
- 2011 (19th) – Cancelled due to weather
- 2010 (18th) – Raymond and Loretta Brundage
- 2009 (17th) – Agnes Tokarz and Jack Warden
- 2008 (16th) – Patricia and Raymond Kaminski
- 2007 (15th) – Cecilia and Joseph Tokarz
- 2006 (14th) – ShelvaJean and Ray Harzinski
- 2005 (13th) – Clem and Jerry Zuchowski
- 2004 (12th) – Robert and Rachel Pequignot
- 2003 (11th) –
- 2002 (10th) – Dave and Bev Jones
- 2001 (9th) – John Wieczorek and Monica Leone
- 2000 (8th) – Leonard Mahosky and Theresa Carlson
- 1999 (7th) – Janice and Conrad Lindquist
- 1998 (6th) – William and Margaret Carlson
- 1997 (5th) – Richard and Ann Bogaczyk
- 1996 (4th) – Bernard and Julia Pecynski
- 1995 (3rd) – Raymond and Joyce Smith
- 1994 (2nd) – John and Phyllis Swanson
- 1993 (1st) – Eric and Gertrude Isaacson